Cooper Simulation Laboratory MOCA Course
The Cooper University Hospital Simulation Laboratory offers leadership in the use of simulation technologies and is dedicated to advancing healthcare provider education and patient safety.
The Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA) course offers immersive simulation education endorsed by the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) for ABA Diplomates seeking to fulfill their Practice Performance Assessment and Improvement (PPAI) requirement for MOCA®. The simulation course fulfills one requirement of the ABA MOCA® Program.
Please consult the ABA website, www.theaba.org, for a list of all other MOCA® requirements. MOCA® and Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology Program® are registered trademarks of The American Board of Anesthesiology, Inc.
What to Expect in a MOCA® Course
"Simulation-based learning embeds the lessons of the experience deeply into the participant without risk to patients."
- Provide management of hemodynamic and respiratory critical events in anesthesia.
- Practice up-to-date techniques in a safe learning environment.
- Reflect on optimal teamwork, leadership and communication skills required in crisis management.
- Your performance will not be graded. THIS IS NOT A TEST!
- Experiential learning: You will be in the “hot seat” as the primary anesthesiologist for at least one scenario.
- Small class size with a participant to instructor ratio of 4:1.
Please note: Cancellations more than one month prior to the course date will receive a full refund minus a $250 processing fee. There will be no refunds for cancellations made within 30 days of the course. Cooper reserves the right to postpone and reschedule any course not filled 30 days prior.